How To Migrate Your Show To CoHost
It’s easy to move your podcast to CoHost from another hosting platform! Here’s how to do it
1) Start a free trial on CoHost here.
2) Import your podcast to CoHost with your existing RSS feed.
3) Once your show has been imported to CoHost, you’ll need to conduct a 301 redirect on your old hosting platform.
What is a 301 Redirect?
301 redirects give you the ability to transfer your show from one RSS feed to another. It tells listening apps that your feed has been moved so there aren't any interruptions when publishing from your new hosting provider.
Similar to moving from one home to another, you need to notify people that your address has changed. A 301 redirect acts the same way by telling the listening apps that moving forward, your show will be available at a new RSS feed.
How to set up a 301 Redirect to CoHost:
Your 301 redirect needs to be added to your old hosting provider and can only be done after your show has been imported to CoHost. Make sure to do this prior to publishing any new episodes on CoHost.
- Log into your old hosting provider account
- Add your CoHost RSS feed to the 301 redirect tab
- If you do not see a redirect tab, contact your old hosting provider for support.
- Subject Line: 301 Redirect
- Body: Hi there, I would like to redirect my podcast to a different hosting provider. Here is my new RSS feed: Insert CoHost RSS feed.
Here are a few helpful articles to get started:
- Art19 - click here
- Anchor - click here
- Libsyn - click here
- Megaphone - click here
- OmnyStudio - click here
- PodBean - click here
- Soundcloud - click here
- Squarespace - click here
Make sure your RSS feed is updated on the listening apps.
Although most platforms will update your RSS feed after you add the redirect above, there’s a few platforms that you’ll need to change over manually. Plus, it’s best practice to make sure that the correct feed is being used so you experience a delay when publishing your next episode.
Here’s how to update your RSS feed on Apple, Spotify, Google, Stitcher and TuneIn. That way your bases are covered when you're publishing a new episode to CoHost. Generally, the rest of the platforms will automatically switch over. Here's some instructions to help you do so:
- Log in to your Podcasts Connect account for your show:
- Click your podcast icon in your dashboard
- Under RSS Feed --> URL, there is an edit button. Press it and a modal will open up with your old RSS feed.
- Replace your old RSS feed with your new CoHost RSS feed.
- Press save!
- Log in to your Spotify For Podcasters account:
- Click your podcast in your show catologue
- Click "Details"
- Scroll to "Podcast Settings"
- Click "Update"
- Paste your CoHost RSS feed and follow the instructions.
- Make sure you're logged into the Google account associated with your podcast.
- Head over to Google Podcast Manager: https://podcastsmanager.google.com/
- Click "Settings" --> "Feeds"
- Click "Change Served Feed"
- Input your CoHost RSS feed.
**Note: After you submit, Google will likely tell you the feed is unavailable. That's normal, it will update in the next day or so.
- Log in to the Stitcher Partner Portal.
- Click “Manage Show” on the left hand side bar.
- Update your RSS feed in the “RSS Feed URL” bar under “Show Details”
- Press “Submit”
- Submit your new RSS feed here.